Mother's Day Crafts!

5.08.2019
Mother's Day is a lovely opportunity to have students reflect on their blessings! Each year I pull out one or two crafts (and/or craftivities) to help facilitate a fun - but meaningful Mother's Day. Here are just a couple of activities I've done in the past: 


This one is always a hit! This Mother's Day craftivity is comprised of a super sweet flower and each petal has a sentence or word that a child uses to describe their mom! This particular child wrote, “She lets me ride on my dirt bike” and now I’m jealous of an 8 year old because I want a dirt bike too! 🏍 vrooom vroom!! But seriously - I’m loving everything about this Mother’s Day craft activity!! 📝 🌸 

Sometimes my students don't have a relationship with their biological mothers, so in that case I pull out a different Mother's Day craft, like this one right here: 


What I absolutely LOVE about this "Simply the Best, "Hands Down!" craft is that it comes in different versions for my kiddos who don't have a relationship with their bio-mom or who have other mother figures in their lives! In fact, this printable comes with 5 different headings to be more inclusive, such as: 

  • Mom
  • Step-Mom
  • Grandma
  • Sister
  • Aunt

Isn't that amazing? How do you show diversity and inclusion in the classroom while still celebrating Mother's Day? Let me know in the comments below! 

Happy teaching!❤
@jen_rece

No comments

Powered by Blogger.