Kindergarten and First Grade Easter Centers

4.17.2019
Every Spring our school focuses on Lent and Easter, so over the years I've created and modified numerous resources for the season. I'm going to briefly cover a couple of them here so you can see how they might enhance your literacy center. :) 


First off is my Kindergarten Read it, Write it & Wipe it Literacy Center! I designed this center with 3 parts:
  • Solid words for reading, referencing, pocket charts and salt trays
  • Traceable word cards for practice printing
  • Letter boxes to help with appropriate letter formation and spacing


This particular literacy center is very diverse and can be utilized in many ways. No matter how I use it, I always laminate the cards so they are durable....because, you know - #kindergarten. ;)

Next up is my First Grade Easter Math and Literacy Pack! It covers first (and second) grade common-core standards:

  • filling in the missing lowercase and uppercase letters
  • Skip counting by 5's and 10's
  • Adding and subtracting single digits (up to 20)
  • Answering writing prompts to demonstrate knowledge
  • Coloring by sight word and numbers
  • Patterning (both completing and creating)
  • Using nonstandard measurements
  • Coloring


The best thing about this pack (in my opinion) is that it is covers some actual religious material. I know that may sound obvious, but I've found that it's not as common as you'd think! So there are writing prompts about Jesus and Church along with standard Easter themed math and language worksheets :) 


If you have any of these sets (or wish to get them) please let me know what grade you teach and which one you'd enjoy most! :)

Happy Easter! 🐰🐣
@jen_rece

No comments

Powered by Blogger.