Five for Friday

1.08.2016
Good morning, friends!  Today I am joining the lovely Kacey at Doodlebugs for my very first Five for Friday linkup {yahoo!} 




{#1}

So the first thing I did this week that's worth mentioning is that I started up this blog! I felt that after a year and a half of selling my teaching resources (and giving away freebies) over at my TpT store (Jen Rece on TpT) it was about time I step up and start a blog to connect with the lovely ladies and gents I've recently met! I have to say, I'm super excited about this new venture :)


{#2}

As part of my New Years Resolutions, I decided to take up a new hobby to help decrease stress...colouring! I have to say, this is SO therapeutic! I can completely lose track of all my worries (like parenting issues and lesson planning) and relax before I go to bed. I highly recommend them to you if you need a bit of a helping breaking away from your thoughts too! 


{#3}

I spotted this super cute Sesame Street magnetic book when I was out shopping earlier in the week. As soon as I saw it I knew my almost 3 year old would love it! Not only is he obsessed with Cookie Monster, but he also has taken up a love for printing and colouring and what better way to strengthen those fine motor muscles than playing with small pieces? So here is a picture of him doing just that:


{#4} 

I did some bulk cooking this week as well. It was in hopes that I would have been well prepared to throw dinner on the table at a decent time, thanks to heading back to work and school after the Christmas break.   Luckily for us it worked and I didn't have to scramble for ideas in the evenings. Definitely a huge time saver!


{#5} 

Lastly, I spent time printing off copies of my Winter Emergent Reader Book and they are now all ready to be implemented. I love printables, and this comes in 3 versions so it's going to serve me well from year to year. If you have a chance, feel free to check it out and see if it's something you could use, too! :) 


Well that just about sums up what I've been up to this week. What were you up to? 

4 comments

  1. Hi Jen and it's lovely to be the first to comment on your super new blog. I thought your name was familiar and I think I must know you from TpT. I'm from the UK and I certainly second your idea of bulk cooking as a life saver when you return to the classroom as evenings have so much prep and marking in them normally.Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's so nice to hear from you! Thank you for leaving me my first message - it's nice to chat here :) I hope you're having a great day!
      ~Jen

      Delete
  2. Cute blog! I love the coloring idea for relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it's the best thing I've done in a while to help decrease my level of stress! Sounds sort of silly and simple, but it really does help :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message!
      ~Jen

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.